Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Lincoln's Therapy....

Lincoln still struggles with some things and can at times become a bit uncontrollable when he isn't happy. Well recently, he is not fond of sitting at the table to eat. Over the summer, I have become lax and let him come and go as he pleases. Well tonight, I decided, "No More." I sat two plates in front of him and strapped him in his seat, I gave him his choice of Mac-n-cheese or fettuccini. He was ticked about having to sit there. He went ballistic, screaming, crying and threatening to throw his plate and everything, It went on for 20-30 minutes (best guess), long enough that I was ready to give in and let him up. I just kept reassuring him, it was ok and he needed to eat first. Finally I grabbed my phone and went straight for Jesus Culture's "Holy Spirit, you are Welcome Here." I prayed over him and decided this would be a peaceful place. Within a few minutes, he quit crying and started eating, finished his plate and said, "I want more food." I told him how good a job he did. Setting the right atmosphere makes all the difference in the world for Lincoln. I have done this frequently before and it is amazing how it works. That is his therapy....Worshipping Jesus in the midst of his struggles and it works better than any behavioral technique I have ever been taught. Love my Jesus and Love my Linky.   #healed #redeemed #setfree #autismdontlivehereanymore

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Praise the Lord for He is faithful to His Finished Work at the cross. Indeed the presence of the Lord is all that we NEED. Think abt King Jehosaphat who didn't need to fight & yet he won the battle. The Lord fought the battle for us! "Worship the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread & water....I will take sickness away from the midst of you". I have similar experience as such...

    ReplyDelete