Friday, January 9, 2015

Be careful What You Speak

     I try to be extremely careful with what I speak as I believe our words have power, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue" (Proverbs 18:21).I believe many things come and go by what we speak. For example; we have to "confess" with our mouth Jesus is Lord or in Mark 11:23, it says "If you will 'say' to this mountain....." There are many other scripture references to our speaking but I won't get into them all, I am just tying to lay a foundation for why I am careful with what I speak.

     In the past 4 years, I have been very careful to not say "autistic." Obviously I am believing for healing and even though we have some symptoms in the natural that are obvious, I refuse to define and characterize my son as being "autistic." I have preferred to say, "He has autism." Honestly, I don't even like saying that but there are times you can't not say anything as people do need to understand certain things regarding your child (for a church class or whatever it may be.)

Anyway, tonight I happened to come across this;
 "Autism literally means 'aloneness' originating from the Greek word 'autos' meaning 'self.'"

Stopped. Me. Right. In. My. Tracks.

     I am pretty sure from this moment forward, I hope to rid the word "autism" from my vocabulary. Maybe that seems strange, but I was instantly convicted about the confession I make over my son. Of all the extreme measures I take to keep him in a spirit filled environment and not say "autistic", it bothers me that I still choose to speak this around or over him. I am basically saying, "He has autism (aloneness)." Or "He struggles with autism (aloneness)." What a terrible thing to speak if I should be doing as the Word instructs me to do. Anyway I just wanted to share that with you guys in case it speaks to someone else.

I do tend to speak a lot of other things over him, I constantly tell him these things (and many more);
You have the mind of Christ
You are the head and not the tail, above only and not beneath
Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.
You are healed, set free, delivered and normal to function
You are a big, strong, and intelligent boy
Your mind is free
You are redeemed from the curse of sickness
You are whole

     I also make Linky confess these over himself. Even a couple of years ago when he could speak; but only for the sake of ABC's, shapes, echolalia, etc. He didn't have conversations. If he wanted a snack or his iPad, I would say, "Ok say this, 'I have the mind of Christ." At first it was one word at a time. Then eventually, he could repeat it very quickly. I made him work for his food and wants with having to say scriptures. There's power in me speaking the Word over him but I can imagine there is a greater (combined) power with him confessing these things over himself, even if he doesn't understand them. he has changed tremendously since then. Went from a 2 year old little boy, nonverbal, with moderate to severe autism, "Classic autism" to at age 4 being diagnosed as having "High-functioning-autism" or classified as  "autism-mild." He is now 5 1/2 and doing AMAZING. I believe these confessions of the Word have been one of THE most instrumental things we have chosen to do.

      I will share this video (this was about a year ago) of him saying some of these "confessions."

Also, feel free to check this post out of some great scripture confessions to play over your kiddos. Click HERE As I have said before; I recorded myself onto a CD and play them over the kiddos as they sleep and  occasionally even through out the day.

Also a great post from a Pastor who's son is healed of autism. He is actually where I found the scripture confessions when he posted their testimony. His name is John Nuzzo.
 Click HERE to read this testimony.
 photo starriwsiug_zpsd03effd1.png


No comments:

Post a Comment