Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Harvest Time

Mark 4 "Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.” 

It feels like Harvest time here recently with Lincoln. He is doing all sorts of new things. 

Teeth brushing has been excruciatingly difficult with Lincoln. I literally have to cradle him in my arms locking his arms and head toward me. Or sit over him while brushing as fast as I can. Believe me, we try the rewards and all of that, even him doing it on his own. He just hates it and refuses to do it.

Last night he came into the living room and grabbed my hand and said, "C'mon Mom, I brush my teeth." Of course I followed him into the bathroom, he grabbed his stool and started brushing. He even stopped and let me put toothpaste on the brush.  Then he took a break and grabbed a cup for some water, retuned to the bathroom and finished brushing. I even left at one point to grab the iPad and take pictures. I am so happy and proud of him. This is a HUGE milestone.

I am overjoyed and so praising God constantly in this season (and all seasons, even the rough ones). He is indeed faithful!

Lincoln also potties on his own without even asking us anymore, just does it on his own...no problems at home.

 He is saying things that make our eyes wide. He just "gets it" here lately even more so than before. He pointed to something in a room the other night and said "go in there mom." I said, "no Linky you go in that room."  He said, "no I don't want to!" He is just saying things all the time, love it! He is using prepositions appropriately and even using the right filler words. Instead of saying, " I help!"  He now says, "I need help." I don't think there is anything he can't say, he finds a way. he even told me the other day "I sad mom." I asked him why and he said, "Well, because I want iPad."

Understanding emotions, new words, self care.....thank you Jesus for this wonderful Harvest in our lives. "It shall come to pass."



For more on what I mean about "Harvest Time", please read this.

"The principle of seedtime and harvest will last as long as the earth remains" (Genesis 8:20-22). 

I am quite interested in the  "Law of Seedtime and Harvest" according to the Bible and in reference to faith." There are more references than I can count in regards to this. 

Faith is really just like sowing seed. Whatever you plant (speak, believe) you will produce. If I have ever found myself frustrated during the process of believing for Lincoln's full manifestation of healing, I remind myself of sowing and reaping. A farmer doesn't plant his seed and then the next morning go out and the crop is there. I'm not suggesting that it can't happen that way. More common though, it's a process, a faith process. 

Galatians 6:6-9 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.  For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.  And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not"

"Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown.”  Mark 4


Don't Lose heart, keep your eye on God. He is always faithful!



No comments:

Post a Comment