Monday, September 30, 2013

My Latest Running News....

So, I have been running on the treadmill at the gym.  Usually, I just run a mile and I  have been trying to get my time down.  Here is my best time so far; 8:38.  It still feels not "good enough."  However, I am pleased because not too long ago I was trying to crack the ten minute mile barrier.  :) I am aiming for 8 minutes.




I would like to add distance while keeping my speed but that is a challenge! Yesterday, I ran at the lake.  It was harder than I anticipated because I am used to treadmill running.  It was less boring outside though, I will admit. I tried the "5K Forever" app. Day 1 is as follows; walk for 5 minutes, run for 7 minutes, run slightly faster for 2 minutes then walk 1 minute (do this sequence 4 times), run 7 minutes, walk 5 minutes.  I did not go as fast as I would have liked.  But I think it will help me increase distance.  I plan on doing this one until I can get my time down even more.



No comments:

Post a Comment